Sunrays

Blogger Template by ThemeLib.com

#10

Published by Korean Cherry Blossem under on 4:56 AM
What reflections and connections can you make with this novel?
The ideology regarding the method of evangelism used by Don Richardson intrigues me greatly. I have been heavily influenced by the occupation of my parents(they are missionaries) and have lived a life immersed in the ministry. The concept of God placing eternity into the hearts of all men and redemptive analogies gave new insight to the reason why certain ministry approaches work better than others. Furthermore, it caused me to reflect upon the practices and teachings of my parents and other with whom I am well-acquainted. I would honestly say that I had seen the value in infiltrating the culture, so to speak and still holding to ones morals and values. As the popular Christian saying goes, one is to be "in the world but not of the world". The ideology of Don did, however, explain the "why" to the thinking of many missionaries as they attempted to adapt to the culture in which they resided.


Over this Christmas break I attended a week of evangelism sessions which used the program "The Way of the Master". Basically the process was derived from Jesus' manner of evangelism(hence the title of the program) and showed the practical application in our modern world. It was a very good course and addressed some very difficult questions and issues with extremely strong, Biblically-supported answers. Coupled with some of C.S. Lewis-type approach to issues, Don Richardson's ideologies and the course, my view of the importance of evangelism has been greatly boosted. Also my confidence regarding evangelism has also grown. Peace Child definitely caused extensive reflection and really provided me with a profound real-life example to supplement the material that I learned.
Citations:
http://img.mailchimp.com/2007/08/25/0v535s2geargqti8kl8d15roe2/way_of_the_master.jpg

1 comments:

African Globe Trotters. said... @ February 4, 2009 at 3:09 AM

The power of the novel for me, lies in the concept of just how amazing God is. We cannot comprehend the magnitude or scope of God's wisdom. Reading this novel and Eternity in their hearts, really forged a deeper understanding of God's great love for mankind. Mrs.Mc.

Post a Comment

 

The End

Do come back, soon.